I’ve decided to put the link party on hold for a while due to lack of interest, but I have made a step by step tutorial for you of my art journal page instead. I decided to mix things up with my journal page too, while still keeping it simple.
April was a month of amazing growth for me as I questioned some long-held beliefs about myself and what I have chosen to do with my life. I wanted the page to reflect that growth. Symbols to the rescue. So here’s what I did…
1) I began by journalling all the stuff that was going on in my head on a gessoed background. Then I blended a couple of blue Neocolor IIs on top with a little water.
2) I outlined a tree trunk in pencil down the left hand side, and filled it in with green acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of gesso.
3) I cut some leaves from the scraps of layered washi tape left over from the Easter bunny project and glued them to the end of the branches.
4) I scribbled some lines in blue, green, yellow and orange all over the tree trunk and branches, then rubbed them gently with a wet finger. I carried on layering lines until I got the effect I wanted.
5) I stamped flowers all along the bottom of the page with a blue Pitt brush pen, then added photos of the kids doing creative things since they tied in with what I had journalled about and what I want for them as they grow up.
6) I outlined everything with a black marker, added the date, and called it done.
How was your month?
If you enjoy making art with a hint of memory-keeping, why don’t you come hang out with us at the artful memory-keeping Facebook group. We’d love to have you.